Kingsport VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
The Kingsport VITA program is limited to eligible households with total earnings up to $60,000.
In 2023, Kingsport VITA will provide free tax preparation services between Feb. 6th - April 13th.
If you would like to file on our own, you can use the free online tax service United Way provides.
Steps to Take for Assistance
1. Clients must call to schedule an appointment at 423-483-2962.
2. Appointments are held at the Riverview Community Room located off Wheatley Street in Kingsport on Monday evenings.
3. All tax preparation paperwork will be completed on site.
4. Please bring all required documents including identification and social security cards. (see link below for document list)
5. Clients will return to the site on a Thursday evening to pick up their documents and ask any questions.
6. Please call 423-483-2962 to schedule an appointment.
Ensure you have all the right documents with our Tax Documents Check List
Please review and complete this form before arrival.
Map to parking lot
Want to file from home for free?
United Way now offers a free, online option so that you can file your taxes from the comfort of your own home. Click Here to begin filing check out this video to see how simple it is!