“United We’re Strong” is more than just a slogan. It’s the power, endurance, and spirit of our entire community. And our Leadership Givers are the foundation. In a year that has changed nearly every aspect of life, generous gifts helped us continue the fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community.
Every gift, no matter the size, makes a positive impact. With options of a one-time, weekly, monthly, or annual gift, you can choose the best way to make your contribution. Leadership Givers at any level (i.e., gifts greater than $500 annually) are invited to our exclusive, annual Leadership Giving Recognition Event.
In June of 1989, the United Way of Greater Kingsport founded the Signature Club to honor the men and women of our community who demonstrated a willingness to build our United Way’s capacity to meet future needs in the areas of education, income, and health. Affiliation with the Signature Club signifies an individual commitment to drive and inspire community change; just as a signature signifies a commitment in name and in deed.
United Way of Greater Kingsport’s Signature Club members have impacted thousands of lives for over 30 years. Your participation in the club signifies that you are among the group of leaders and visionaries who actively fight for the health, education and financial stability of every person in our community.
- Platinum Quill: $7,500 - $9,999
- Gold Quill: $5,000 - $7,499
- Silver Quill: $3,500 - $4,999
- Pewter Quill: $2,000 - $3,499
- Bronze Quill: $1,500 - $1,999
- Copper Quill: $1,000 - $1,499
The Initial Club welcomes donors into the Leadership Giving circle and provides an accessible pathway for all to be involved in transformative gifts that impact our Greater Kingsport community. With the Initial Club's starting gift of $500 / yr, donors are making a difference with just under $10 / week - that is the equivalent of forgoing a lunch "out" once per week or eliminating a specialty coffee run.
- Initial Club: $500 - $999
United Way’s Tocqueville Society is an opportunity for passionate individuals to make lasting change in the community. Specifically, the United Way Tocqueville Society aims to:
- Change lives through philanthropic leadership focused on the building blocks for a better life: education, financial stability, and health.
- Communicate the vital role of personal philanthropic action in creating lasting change.
- Serve as role models in our community to mobilize caring power through giving.
- Strengthen local United Way leadership by joining in a network of like-minded leaders across the globe.
The society derives its name from Alexis de Tocqueville, a French aristocrat of the 1800s who was inspired by the American spirit of philanthropy. Tocqueville wrote extensively on the power of voluntary giving for the common good. Today, his ideals continue with the United Way’s call to action: Give. Advocate. Volunteer.
All members of the Alexis de Tocqueville Society will receive an invitation to both our Leadership Giving Recognition Event and our Annual Alexis de Tocqueville Recognition Event.