The United Way of Greater Kingsport knows that better boards make better nonprofits. That's why we have partnered with the Alliance for Better Nonprofits to offer a customized, comprehensive nonprofit governance training, allowing participants to better serve at a board leadership level in any nonprofit.
- The Next Cohort will begin August 2023
- Four 1-hour sessions with ABN facilitation, plus additional 3-hour self-paced online course to be completed during the February - May cohort span
- 25-seat max
A Rising Leader, will complete all 6 Learn United sessions and will be given the additional option to complete Leaderboard Training.
- Minimum 2-year commitment to a UWGK Vision Council or Committee
- Year 1 = Learning | Year 2 = Leading
- Cohorts will be recognized by UWGK Board of Directors as "Rising Leaders" upon completion of the volunteer commitment and Learn United sessions.
- Primary Goal: create a "deep bench" for UWGK volunteerism and committee / vision council leadership. Secondary: foster a culture of leadership with collaboration across committees and vision councils.
If you are interested in becoming a Rising Leader, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learn United series is comprised of six UWGK-led sessions that take an in-depth look at community impact at UWGK and our Greater Kingsport region.
- 90 minute topical sessions on Metrics, Education, Income, Health, ALICE, & ACEs
- All sessions will be open to the public and advertised as a "Learn United" opportunity each month via regular UWGK communications platforms
- "Rising Leaders" cohorts will complete all 6 Sessions as part of their commitment
- Anyone who completes all 6 Learn United Sessions will be recognized by UWGK Board