The Learn United series is comprised of six UWGK-led sessions that take an in-depth look at community impact at UWGK and our Greater Kingsport region.
- 90 minute topical sessions on Metrics, Education, Income, Health, ALICE, & ACEs
- UWGK will repeat the cycle twice in a year (Feb-Jul & Aug-Jan)
- All sessions will be open to the public and advertised as a "Learn United" opportunity each month via regular UWGK communications platforms
- "Rising Leaders" cohorts will complete all 6 Sessions as part of their commitment
- Anyone who completes all 6 Learn United Sessions will be recognized by UWGK Board
The United Way of Greater Kingsport knows that better boards make better nonprofits. That's why we have partnered with the Alliance for Better Nonprofits to offer a customized, comprehensive nonprofit governance training, allowing participants to better serve at a board leadership level in any nonprofit.
- Pilot Cohort will begin February 2022 |
- Four 1-hour sessions with ABN facilitation, plus additional 3-hour self-paced online course to be completed during the February - May cohort span
- 25-seat max
A Rising Leader, will complete all 6 Learn United sessions and will be given the additional option to complete Leaderboard Training.
- Minimum 2-year commitment to a UWGK Vision Council or Committee
- Year 1 = Learning | Year 2 = Leading
- Cohorts will be recognized by UWGK Board of Directors as "Rising Leaders" upon completion of the volunteer commitment and Learn United sessions.
- Primary Goal: create a "deep bench" for UWGK volunteerism and committee / vision council leadership. Secondary: foster a culture of leadership with collaboration across committees and vision councils.
If you are interested in becoming a Rising Leader, send us an email at email@example.com