United Way of Greater Kingsport (UWGK) fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community.
UWGK is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of inclusion and diversity. We therefore:
- Value, champion, and embrace diversity in all aspects of UWGK activities and respect others without regard to age, color, creed, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin or ancestry, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
- Refuse to engage in or tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
- Foster an environment that enables everyone to contribute to their fullest potential.
United Way of Greater Kingsport Anti-Racism Statement (adapted from United Way Worldwide):
United Way has always been involved in the fight for equity – we fight for greater opportunity for every person in every community. Our work is focused on impacting health, education, and financial stability in some of the most underserved communities across our region.
- We unequivocally stand against racism and ethnic discrimination and encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to speak out against racism, bigotry, and violence.
- We acknowledge that racism and ethnic discrimination have contributed to inequities in opportunities and access to employment, education, healthcare, and housing, which has disproportionately and negatively impacted African Americans and other people of color.
- We must all do our part, working United, to make our communities the places that we need them to be – equitable, respectful and opportunity-filled.
- We, as a society, can and must do better to guarantee that the basic human rights and freedoms of every person in every community are protected.