Become more deeply involved in United Way's mission
United Way’s Tocqueville Society is an opportunity for passionate individuals to make lasting change in the community. Specifically, the United Way Tocqueville Society aims to:
- Change lives through philanthropic leadership focused on the building blocks for a better life: education, financial stability, and health.
- Communicate the vital role of personal philanthropic action in creating lasting change.
- Serve as role models in our community to mobilize caring power through giving.
- Strengthen local United Way leadership by joining in a network of like-minded leaders across the globe.
The society derives its name from Alexis de Tocqueville, a French aristocrat of the 1800s who was inspired by the American spirit of philanthropy. Tocqueville wrote extensively on the power of voluntary giving for the common good. Today, his ideals continue with the United Way’s call to action: Give. Advocate. Volunteer.
All members of the Alexis de Tocqueville Society will receive an invitation to both our Leadership Giving Recognition Event and our Annual Alexis de Tocqueville Recognition Event.
As a Tocqueville Society Member you will have the opportunity to see our work in action, along with your family, through unique volunteer activities. Additionally, you will be able to enjoy many other exclusive benefits shown below.
Tocqueville Society Benefits (Distinguished Giving of $10,000 and above)
- Invitation to the exclusive annual Tocqueville Society Thank You Dinner.
- Recognition in the United Way Leadership Giving Booklet.
- Invitation to United Way Leadership Giving Recognition Event.
- Exclusive Tocqueville Society United Way events.
- Opportunity to participate on United Way committees.
- Networking opportunities with United Way Leaders and other Leadership donors.
- Personal access to the United Way Executive Director who can answer your questions throughout the year.
- A personal mailing of our United Way Annual Report which features and in-depth look at how your gift impacts our community.
- Guided 2 hour tours by UWGK Staff to see our work in action (when safe to do so).
Tocqueville Society Step-Up Program
The Tocqueville Step-up Program is created for new Tocqueville donors to take up to three years to increase their gift to the $10,000 level. The donor will be recognized at the Tocqueville level from the first year of commitment.
The plan would look something like this:
- Year 2021: plan to contribute $5,000
- Year 2022: plan to contribute $7,500
- Year 2023: plan to contribute $10,000
You can complete this Tocqueville donation form (step up program is at the bottom) and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or download and print it to mail to us at 301 Louis Street Suite 201, Kingsport, TN 37660.
Contact our Executive Director, Danelle Glasscock, to learn more about joining the United Way of Greater Kingsport's Alexis de Tocqueville Society.
Make a donation today!