Resource Development and Communications Manager, United Way of Greater Kingsport
The United Way of Greater Kingsport (UWGK) is part of United Way Worldwide, a global volunteer-led, nonprofit organization that seeks out and addresses the root causes of pressing social issues, is accountable for stewardship of resources, and is responsible for delivering both short-term and long-term results aimed at improving the lives of local community members. Through the generosity of local donors, the UWGK raises over $3.5 million annually to drive community impact in the areas of education, income, and health.
This results-oriented non-profit is seeking a team member who has proven community leadership with the ability to exercise strategic communication management skills in order to mobilize companies and individuals to give, advocate, and volunteer; to build and maintain positive, productive relationships with volunteers, companies and individuals aimed at increasing UWGK’s presence and impact within the community; and utilize computer technology (e.g., a donor database and general office programs) and processes to accomplish critical resource development work.
The Resource Development and Communications Manager should have a genuine interest in the non-profit sector, the ability to achieve successful results in annual campaigns, and the enthusiasm and initiative to collaborate effectively with the community as well as UWGK volunteers and staff. Interested applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an applicable field.
Interested applicants desiring to help the UWGK drive community change should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, December 8, 2017. These documents may also be mailed to UWGK, Attention: RESUME, 301 Louis Street, Suite 201, Kingsport, TN 37660.
Executive Director, Literacy Council of Kingsport
The Literacy Council of Kingsport seeks a full-time Executive Director to manage operations and literacy program, including fundraising, volunteer management/training, and work with Board and committees.
Bachelor's degree and Experience in the following areas desired: nonprofit management, grant writing/fund development, financial management, and marketing/communications.
Send resume and salary requirements by November 29 to Literacy Council of Kingsport, 326 Commerce St., Kingsport TN 37660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Wellbeing Coach, Credit & Small Business
DEPARTMENT | HOPE Inside Retail Network
ACCOUNTABILITY | Reports to a Regional Vice President
For the past twenty-four years Operation HOPE has been dedicated to
empowering underserved communities through financial literacy. Now, our work
encompasses much more than financial education. Our work is about instilling
knowledge and confidence in those we serve so they can experience, sometimes
for the first time in their lives, financial dignity.
In this role you will coach in a manner that encourages measurable, positive outcomes in client
development. You will serve as the primary point of contact addressing internal and external client
interactions at the HOPE Inside with business partners and senior leadership levels. You will be based
out of a HOPE Inside office (predominately hosted by a corporate partner).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct client and consultant interactions using Strategic Client Management methodologies and tools
- Recruit, build and lead clients in order to achieve strategic performance objectives and help clients build a debt
reduction action plan
- Build productive relationships with Bank Partners for shared Client relationships
- Guide clients in the gathering of information such as bank account records, and business tax returns
- Prepare and interpret client’s information such financial document summaries, and income projections
- Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients’ financial objectives
- Answer clients’ questions about the purposes and details of financial plans and strategies
- Community outreach and marketing execution
- Promote Operation HOPE, Inc. solutions via social media
- Schedule and facilitate workshops on financial literacy topics i.e. credit, money management
- Coach individuals by phone and in-person
- Liaison with partner and the community
- Coordinate and schedule coaching sessions
- Schedule workshops in the bank and the community
- Maintain client data for impact reporting into the CRM system
- Build and maintain community alliances and execute marketing objectives
- Help clients build a debt reduction action plan