The United Way of Greater Kingsport (UWGK) is part of United Way Worldwide, a global volunteer-led, nonprofit organization that seeks out and addresses the root causes of pressing social issues, is accountable for stewardship of resources, and is responsible for delivering both short-term and long-term results aimed at improving the lives of local community members. Through the generosity of local donors, the UWGK raises over $3.5 million annually to drive community impact in the areas of education, income, and health.
This results-oriented non-profit is seeking a team member to work closely with the Executive Director and Campaign Chairperson, direct internal and external communications and implement all aspects and supporting elements of the annual campaign process of inform, ask and thank. Continually building and assessing brand effectiveness and trust. Is a relationship builder in our community and is consistently pursuing growth in workplace giving and individual donors. Oversees other resource development efforts using established UWW guidelines for giving including coordination with regional United Ways. Champions the organization's marketing management and communicatins effort using strategic communication and marketing management skills and tactical implementation. As time permits, works to encourage planned giving/endowment.
The Director of Resource Development should have a genuine interest in the non-profit sector, the ability to achieve successful results in annual campaigns, and the enthusiasm and initiative to collaborate effectively with the community as well as UWGK volunteers and staff. Interested applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an applicable field.
Working closely with the Executive Director and Campaign Chairperson, directs internal and external communications and implements all aspects and supporting elements of the annual campaign process of inform, ask and thank. Continually building and assessing brand effectiveness and trust. Is a relationship builder in our community and is consistently pursuing growth in workplace giving and individual donors. Oversees other resource development efforts using established UWW guidelines for giving including coordination with regional United Ways. Champions the organization’s marketing and communications effort using strategic communication and marketing management skills and tactical implementation. As time permits, works to encourage planned giving/endowment.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
The statements below reflect the items considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
1. Development and implementation of a year-round communications/marketing plan for UWGK that utilizes key messages and effective marketing strategies.
2. Management of all internal and external communications, including contact with UWGK Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, UWGK Member Agencies, media, and other businesses and organizations through web, electronic, print, and social media platforms.
3. Development of content for all marketing and communications platforms, including UWGK website, newsletter, and social media channels. Assurance that all platforms are relevant and valuable through frequent site maintenance and upgrades.
4. Management of UWGK’s overall training efforts aimed at ensuring integration of key messages across all audiences.
5. Work closely with Community Impact staff to ensure effective and up-to-date messaging of UWGK key impact strategies.
6. Creation and delivery of monthly, electronic newsletter; annual report; campaign video; newspaper tabloid; and other campaign-related collateral.
7. Management of UWGK events, such as annual meeting, UWGK BOD retreat, etc.
8. Primary staff support to Communications Committee with the goal of successful achievement of plan of work.
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
1. Assists the Executive Director and Board President and other key stakeholders in the development of a comprehensive multi-year resource development plan that includes annual campaigns as well as other fundraising efforts and facilitates the implementation of the plan.
2. Develops and maintains strategic relationships with key stakeholder groups: businesses, community leadership organizations, donors, volunteers, UWW, Other United Ways and Community Chests.
3. Serves as lead staff liaison for the Campaign Cabinet and Resource Development Committee and is responsible for successful implementation of plans of work.
4. Is primarily responsible for relationship development with area industries, companies and leadership givers. Supports the Executive Director in relationship development with Tocqueville donors. Coordinates yearly visits to top CEO’s to inform them on current UW info to give, advocate, volunteer and run successful workplace campaigns. Is active in community business type organizations for opportunities to network such as Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis and other civic organizations. Stays abreast of current events, economic and other factors affecting area businesses.
5. Assists the Executive Director and Campaign Chairperson in development of strategies and facilitates successful execution of the annual campaign. Working closely with Resource Development Committee chair and vice-chair, includes engaging, training, supporting, and appreciation of campaign cabinet volunteers.
6. Oversees plans and execution of campaign events including regional kickoff, celebration, leadership giving and Tocqueville giving.
7. Plans and facilitates annual coordinator trainings. Works with key company campaign coordinating teams with training and implementation of campaigns.
8. Works closely with the Resource Development coordinator and ensures that all campaign and donor data is collected, recorded and distributed accurately in a timely manner.
9. Facilitates with key leadership of United Way and community businesses, the setting of annual campaign goal to be approved by the board. With input from Executive Director, Executive Committee, and Resource Development leadership, Communications Committee, and Community Impact Directors, develops campaign theme, strategies and oversees effective, professional, timely and accurate production of campaign related materials. Oversees the analysis and reporting of campaign results including overall results, industry and company trends, contribution increases/decreases etc. Reports these on a regular basis to Executive Director, Resource Development chairs and community as appropriate.
10. Oversees all required resource development reports and information required by UWW (including database II), corporate clients (CEO Visit reports) and others are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Oversees application process for aggregate fundraising efforts (such as Smoky Mountain and Johnson City/Mountain Home Combined Federal Campaigns and TECC).
11. Facilitates the process of engaging community volunteers and building relationships within the community including Leadership Giving, Loyal Contributor program, millennial donors and others.
12. Assists with the development, writing and monitoring of grant applications as needed.
13. Stays abreast of fundraising best practices through UWW and other fundraising professional groups and publications. Continues to grow in knowledge and current strategies.
14. Facilitates the process of engaging community volunteers and building relationships within the community and serves as the UWGK liaison with young professionals groups including PEAK and EPDC.
15. Completes special assignments and projects related to resource development duties as requested by the Executive Director, and/or key volunteers.
16. Updates and maintains accurate Outlook contacts and distribution lists.
17. Oversees the Resource Development Software, currently Donation Tracker, and that the system is being update and maintaining accurate Donation Tracker contacts and demography listings.
Interested applicants desiring to help the UWGK drive community change should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, May 28th, 2018. These documents may also be mailed to UWGK, Attention: RESUMES, 301 Louis Street, Suite 201, Kingsport, TN 37660. This information is also available via our website: www.uwaykpt.org/careers.
United Way of Greater Kingsport is an Equal Opportunity Employer