Executive Director serves as Chief Operations and Executive Officer for Friends in Need Medical and Dental Clinic and Appalachian Miles for Smiles Mobile Dental and Vision Units and management of facilities and equipment, personnel, resources, services and programs. Reports to the President of the Board of Directors and is responsible for implementing approved strategy and policies of the Board and keeping the Board apprised on all operational and financial matters impacting the Corporation.
• Supervises and collaborates directly with the Operations Manager, Appalachian Miles for Smiles Mobile Units Manager and FIN Communications Coordinator, Medical Director and Staff Dentists. Responsible for hiring staff and personnel management, and recruiting volunteers.
• In concert with Medical and Dental Profession Staff, ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and good practices.
• Develops, leads, coordinates and maintains relationships with major medical providers, physicians, dentists, colleges and universities, united ways, civic clubs and other community organizations to ensure that FIN’s vision, mission, programs, financial and volunteer requirements are widely known and supported.
• Responsible for leading all fundraising activities, as well as timely submission of available grant applications, development and maintenance of public and private donor relationships and pursuing new funding opportunities.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: healthcare administration, organizational and financial management, community relations and fundraising.
• Compensation to be negotiated commensurate with education, experience and other qualifications.
A complete and detailed job description is posted on www.friendsinneed.org. Resumes’ are to be emailed to ExecDirector@finhc.org.