- The community is aware of and seniors can access needed services.
- As they age, seniors have options to live in an appropriate setting.
- Seniors' basic needs are met.
- Seniors’ physical and mental health needs are met.
- Seniors live in a safe setting.
- Seniors are able to engage in activities and/or opportunities which enrich their lives.
Vision Council Initiatives
SeniorConnectKpt.org is a comprehensive web portal that links seniors, their families and caregivers, providers,
and other interested community members to 50-plus categories of resource and provider information.
First Tennessee Human Resource Agency - Personal Support Service Program: $24,294
Promotes self-sufficiency and prevents institutional placement by providing cost-effective in-home care for individuals in threat of harm due to abuse or neglect.
Meals on Wheels of Kingsport - Core Program: $128,000
Provides hot nutritious meals & human contact to isolated, incapacitated senior citizens & if appropriate other home-bound, disabled persons to facilitate safe independent living.
Mountain Region Speech and Hearing - Hearing Aid Assistance Program: $10,402
Provides hearing aids to qualifying seniors who need financial assistance.
Shepherd Center of Kingsport - Assistance to Older Adults Program: $23,402
Provides services such as transportation, medical equipment loan, and minor home repairs, which enable older adults to remain living independently and safely in their homes.